Sunday, December 15, 2013

Layering and veiling - Lesson 6 continued

Been working on these for a few days. They are not done yet, but I haven't decided where to go with them. I think the top one needs the red circles to disappear a bit. I was looking for a focal point of interest and that's why they are there. 

The bottom piece I like, but it needs finishing touches and cleaner lines somewhere. 

I am sorry Jane's class has ended. It was very inspirational and I learned so much about technique and approach to creating. The online teaching is amazingly effective for learning art because you get to see everyone's work and their comments; and you can revisit these over and over, which is so interesting and helpful. I'll be taking another of her classes again, I'm sure of that. Right now I want to play a bit with some of the things I learned before moving on!


Reworked on December 22: The above piece was cropped at the bottom and green transparent paint used over the right quadrant and over parts of the circles, and below is the result:





Worked the above one a little more and came up with the one below. I added transparent color and veiled over with zinc white and then used red crayon to emphasize the red in spots. Perhaps this is a little too on the foggy side, but . . . it's soft.



No comments:

Post a Comment